Yes, it’s just October, and I’m already checking things of my holiday gift list. With us leaving for Ethiopia in less then a month, getting home a few days before Thanksgiving and busy holiday season my hope is to get as much gift shopping done before we leave.
For my children’s teachers I always like to give a gift in their honor along with something I’ve made in the kitchen. For my daughters two teachers I’m gifting them blankets in their honor. These blankets will be provided to girls at Children’s Heaven in Addis Ababa. While there visiting Children’s Heaven we will pass out the blankets and I’ll snap a photo of the girls to put with the teacher gifts.
This year my oldest is graduating from high school. How that is possible, I have no idea, as it just seems like yesterday we received the “call” that our son was born and to jump on the next flight to meet him. I wanted to honor his past favorite teachers with a meaningful gift. I’ve been going through old class party photos and printing them and will write letters to them about the impact they had on his life. Along with this I’m going to share that a gift has been made in their honor providing school books to the girls at Children’s Heaven.
Do you need a gift idea for a teacher, friend, postal carrier, dog groomer? We have some remaining items that we would love to provide to the children at Lola and Children’s Heaven. If you would like to make a gift in someones honor please leave a comment in the note section so we can send you a photo and card when we return to pass along to the recipient.
Some of our needs:
- $35 will provide a mattress to a child at Children’s Heaven or Lola – 5 left
- $21 will provide a blanket for a girl at Children’s Heaven – 19 left
- $16 will provide bed sheets for a girl at Children’s Heaven – 16 left
- $12 will provide a towel for a girl at Children’s Heaven – 25 left
- $50 will provide a scale to weigh the children at Lola – 1 left
- $6.50 will provide a child at Lola with a pillow – 6 left
- $40 will provide a white board for the tutoring rooms at Children’s Heaven – 2 left
- $5 will provide school books for the girls at Children’s Heaven
- $6 will provide a birthday wish for a girl at Children’s Heaven
- $5 will provide shampoo/soap for a girl at Children’s Heaven
- $400 (or any amount) will secure a sewing machine at Lola to teach the girls how to sew
- $360 will provide a lap top computer for Children’s Heaven
To make a gift in someones honor please visit here and also remember to include the name of the recipient so we know where to send the card and photo.
Many thanks for all you do for the children at Lola and Children’s Heaven.