In case you haven’t heard, EOR recently gifted over $21,000 to FOVC to allow them to start building their school and orphanage in southern Ethiopia. This is very exciting news, and we are so proud to be a part of this life changing event. Even better, a group of people are planning a trip to FOVC in December to help them with construction and various other tasks. They are going to leave on Dec 28/29 and come back on Jan 8th.
Do you want to come???
Here are a few of the things, in addition to building the orphanage, that the group plans to do:
- help FOVC learn important accounting concepts (can you help???)
- mentor the children
- a trip to the world-renowned Hamlin Fistula Hospital
- visit Children’s Heaven
- visit the Ethiopian National Museum
- visit the Leper Community outside of Addis
- stay in the beautiful Lake Country (and see monkeys, baboons, hippsos, and indigenous birds)
Lory Howlett, who is organizing this trip, has found airfare from $1280 (from Denver)!!! This is unbelievably low but has to be booked in the next week or so.
So if you’re interested in going, send an email to Lory at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is going to be an unbelievable trip, and it would be great to have as many volunteers as possible.