It’s that time of year….Ethiopian Orphan Relief is accepting children’s art submissions for our 2009 art contest. We have partnered with Paper Rabbit Designs of Portland, Oregon to print our notecards. Barbra at Paper Rabbit Designs has once again graciously given EOR a discount on printing and design layout! The submissions for the 2008 series were turned into 3 beautiful sets of note cards (sold in the EOR online store and at our events), framed and matted for sale at Art for Ethiopia in Denver and used as decor at our Lights of Hope auction in Portland.
1. Art must be original artwork created by children adopted from Ethiopia.
2. Contest is open to all ages.
3. All submissions must include a bio of the artist-child (ie…Johnny is 2 years old and was adopted from Ethiopia in 2008. He enjoys running, playing music and dancing…).
4. All submissions become property of Ethiopian Orphan Relief and will not be returned.
5. Mail submissions and bios to: Kim Pasion, 3020 SW Christy Ave. Beaverton, OR 97005. Deadline is Monday, August 3rd, 2009.
The EOR board of directors will be choosing the finalists. We will have two top winners, boy and girl who will receive a EOR tee-shirt!
If you have a blog, or belong to a regional ethiopian adoption group, we would welcome additional press about this event. Please feel free to link this to your blog, or send a message to your yahoo group(s).
We’ve received many terrific submissions, but would love to see some more. Anything postmarked in the next 2 days should arrive in Oregon on time.